Sunday, June 15, 2008

Writers And Illustrators Street Team

We have a new team forming on ETSY. It is for writers (of any medium) and illustrators. We had a meeting today to vote on a name in Etsy chat.

And we got some great things accomplished. Here is what happened.

We had several people from here come to the meeting as well as a few new faces. We discussed several name options and finally it came down to 4 choices.
Hot Off the Press Etsy = HOPE
Writers Block Etsy = WEB
Sketch and Scribe Street Team = SASS
Authors and Book Collaborators = ABCs

After much more talking we finally voted for ABCs Team. In case Etsy Admin kicks that back our second choice is HOPE.

Because there were so many good choices and it took us so long to decide on one we did not get to discuss much else.

The Application to etsy admin is going in tomorrow. ElsiesAttic is handling that and will keep us all updated. I will be starting a yahoogroup for the ABCs of Etsy Team. I will also be starting daily threads in the team section for the ABCs Team to discuss whatever we want or need. Please look for the daily thread and pop your head in as you can. Just check in and see where we are at, let us know you are around and let's start getting to know our team members a bit, even if we are still unofficial.

To find the daily thread just search forums for ABC Team and make sure to choose that days date. The threads will be started mid to late moring, as I am not an early riser. And days I work it might be later than that though I will try to pop on and get things rolling.

I'll post a new blog about the team as soon as we are Official.

If you are interested in being on the team please go to the forums and find us to let us know. Or you can contact me through a convo at my shop. Jinxy's Fine Gifts

3 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on the newly formed team. I have not found the right team for myself yet, but hopefully someday!

Lora said...

Great Post Tracy.... Hope we get lots of folks signing up!!!

Lora said...

Ooohh, I should mention bluemoon is my google name....

It's me Lora, Elsie's attic! LOL :)

Etsy Bloggers