Thursday, June 12, 2008

BrightonEarly

Each week I want to start promoting a NEW Etsy seller. This week I have met a wonderful girl on Etsy who has only recently opened her shop. She has such lovely things that I felt I just needed her to be our first Etsy Seller.

Here is her interview.

BrightonEarly

*Tell me a bit about yourself
My name is Tasha Early, I am 20 years old, and live in Springfield, MO. I have been married for 10 months to a wonderful man named Christopher. I attend Missouri State University where I am majoring in Interior Design.

*What is the name of your shop?
My shop is "brighton Early". I thought it would be funny to name one of our future boys Brighton, so it would sound like "bright n' early," but Chris didn't go for the idea, so I named my shop brighton Early instead.

*Please describe your creative process.
In the past, my creative process has included weeks of brainstorming, procrastination, and last minute decisions and actions. That doesn't work for Etsy, though. Hehe. So NOW, my creative process starts with inspiration. I look to blogs (100's of them), nature, and children. Once I have an idea, I experiment with different materials until I find what will work the best. I usually stick with an idea for a few weeks, and create daily until I get bored. Then it starts all over again.

*What inspires you? Where do your ideas come from?
My biggest inspiration is children. Since I don't have any of my own, I often draw inspiration and ideas from my baby sister, Kendall (2.5 years). There is SO much personality in her! She (so far) has been the basis for all my sewing creations.

*How did you get into your craft?
AH! You might be surprised to learn that I only started to sew 6 months ago. I had taken the basic 2 week home-ec course, and had been around family who sewed, but never really got into until I found interior design and art, and realized that I could create in ANY medium.

*Apart from creating things, what do you do?
I like to travel, cook, blog, and read. My husband and I both enjoy music, movies, and video games. We are both exremely interesting in house flipping, and hope to get involved in such a project soon.

*How do you promote your work?
I'm in the Etsy Forums ALL THE TIME. I also have business cards that I hand out, or have family hand out. My sister wears the dresses that I have made for her. I blog. My husband does a lot of promoting for me, too. In fact, the first two sales I ever made were to one of his co-workers. What a sweetie!

*Favorite item in your shop?
My favorite item in my SHOP, would have to be this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=12408190
I love working with vintage, or otherwise useless fabrics. This next week I'll be listing 4 or 5 new upcycled/recycled dresses.
My favorite item EVER isn't in my shop. Chris thought it was too cute to sell, and that we should save it for our own little girl. Aww.

---------------------------------------------------------

Please take a moment to visit BrightonEarly as her shop is simply wonderful. She is creating beautiful items. Support the handmade movement and maybe make a purchase from her adorable items.

1 comment:

Tasha Early said...

Thank you so much for featuring me! Good luck with your blog, as well as your sales. :)

Etsy Bloggers