Monday, June 23, 2008

ACEO = Art Card Editions & Originals

I was so excited this week to learn about ACEOs. ACEO stands for Art Card Editions and Originals. These are tradable art cards that are 3 1/2" by 2 1/2" with original art on them. They might be prints of someone's art or drawn or painted right onto the card. They sell for a lower price than the higher price larger wall hangings and are very popular.

Anything goes as long as the size is right. You could paint, make prints off your computer, draw, whatever you like.Make as many as you want - a limited edition, or an open edition, or a one of a kind. It is all good!

John is thinking about trying out this medium for some of his art. It may take a little while to get them the way he wants them but hopefully we will be adding some to the shop soon.

If I EVER get a small printer we will also be offering art greeting cards. With John's art and my poems or blank with just John's art.

These are all very exciting prospects for us. Keep looking for these new items in our shop. I hope to have some in there by the end of July at the latest. http://sisterjinx.etsy.com

2 comments:

Dressed Up Digger said...

its so exciting trying new things. ACEOs seem to be quite a cool idea, i've heard alot of people talking about them recently, I think they're worth the try. I dont have the patience for small canvases. I'm too messy and need much space! lol

s.x

my blog said...

I am thrilled to know about these Art Cards.I want to know more about them. From where I can get them?


Run Your Car On Water

Etsy Bloggers