Thursday, June 26, 2008

DonnaDidIt

DonnaDidIt

Tell me a bit about yourself.

My name is Donna Passarelli , I live in Vineland , New Jersey a smallish town in southern nj about 35 miles west of the jersey shore where we used to go often when I was a kid. I'm married to the best husband ever. We spend a lot of time together since it is just him and I , and our golden retriever ELvis.

What is the name of your Shop?

My shop name is donnadidit . I picked that name because of a childhood nick name of sorts. When I was a kid, when ever anything was found broken or misplaced or anything , I heard... DONNA DID IT !! so when it came time for a shop name that was what I went with .

Do you belong to a Team on Etsy?
I am a member of the EtsyNJ Steet team.

Where do you find the inspiration for your designs?

I get my inspiration from many places including the web, my husband , and just life in general . I also love looking at other artists work and it sometimes sparks my imagination .

How did you get into your craft? How long have you been crafting? What made you decide to focus on your crafting and make it a business?

I have always been creative all my life drawing and painting when I was very young , watching my mother draw and my grandmother paint. I have worked in many mediums and have sold my art work through the years but nothing serious. But when I finally bought a computer ( I bet we were the last on the planet to get one ) I found Esty.com through a good friend and that was it. I knew I HAD to try to sell my art and try to do what I always wanted to do.. make a living from something I love doing.

How do you market or promote your items and where can we see it?

I have my work here in my Etsy shop and also now in a Boutique in Loconia, NH.

What is your favorite Item in your shop?

I guess my favorite item in my shop right now would be my "Lips Series" paintings. They were the start of my POP style of art I'm into these days .

Do you have any future plans you'd like to share with us?

In the future I plan on doing more hand painted items for my etsy shop. like shoes , (handbags & totes I do now) and other wearable art. Along with portraits of people and pets and well.. anything and everything.

Do you have any advice to share with other people who create?

My advice for anyone that has a dream of creating their art for a living is to never stop trying for it.. I'm no spring chicken , but then I don't have a foot in the grave either, so what I mean is its never too late to start living your dream.

Take a peek at DonnaDidIt's online shop and take a look at what she has to offer.

2 comments:

Dressed Up Digger said...

cool feature. she has some amazing art too

s.x

my blog said...

Thanks Donna for giving me chance to know you,You are a nice human being.


Run Your Car On Water

Etsy Bloggers