Monday, June 16, 2008

For anyone who thinks this isn't work...

Are you an artisan or a crafter? Have you ever had someone say something off about it? Well let me tell you this IS work.

Here's just what I did today.

I got up this morning and went on a search for a candle. My husband was creating a new candleholder out of clay and he needed one to make sure the holder hole was the right size. That was a big flop. I didn't have any, our neighbors didn't have one and the owner of the campground where we live and work didn't have one.

Oh well had to go to town anyway. Then we were off to the post office to ship out two orders. I found out that my shipping is priced too low and I have to work on that. I talked with the lady at the post office for a little while and gave her my etsy site address. http://sisterjinx.etsy.com but I didn't have any cards so I had to write it for her. She was so sweet though, she gave me a bunch of old left over bubble wrap. :) Bubble wrap is your friend.

Then over to the store and hurray they DID have a candle. Not exactly what I wanted but it would do. Talked to the cashier/owner about why I needed the candle and gave him the shop address too.

Back home and logged right on to the internet while hubby got to work on his latest stuff.

I began a thread about random acts of kindness and worked on that for most of the day. The blog on that is also below this one. It took a LOT of time and effort so please check out some of the great shops I included.

While I was doing that I was working on promoting my shop off etsy. I usually have at least 4 windows open and I work in all of them.

Throughout the day I also posted on 4 different blog sites I work on. I approved people to the new team list on yahoo. I wrote a post for that list. I posted on our team forum several times. I promoted ON etsy in the forums a bit. I answered some questions in other forums. And I relisted 5 items because I'm doing a test to see if this little expiriment that I read about in a forum will work for me.

And somewhere during all this I created 2 new pairs of earrings which I hope to post tomorrow. I also hope to post some of John's new stuff but due to drying and painting time they might be another day.

Of course that means tomorrow I have to work on pictures with my less than worthy camera. And then I'll have to post all the items and get them promoted.

I also worked on off site promotion with a new site I found, by reading in the forums. I am in high hopes that will pay off as well.

So if your day is anything like mine, don't ever let anyone tell you that what you do is not work.

brought to you by Jinxy's Fine Gifts

2 comments:

esque said...

That's a pretty full day there! I definitely need to work on the off-etsy promotion!

See you there!

[inkihandmade.etsy.com] :)

Sue said...

I totally agree with you. When I first decided to get serious about this and make my art work for me, I didn't think it would be that much work!

But now, I feel like there's so many things I need to do and when I can't get to them, I get a little stressed out! Yes!! It's work!! It's still fun, but dang if it isn't work!

Great post.
Mind if I link your blog on mine?

Iron Dog's Blog
Iron Dog's Etsy Shop

Etsy Bloggers